St Albans bookshop celebrates new Harry Potter book launch
- Credit: Archant
A city centre bookshop will be transformed into Hogwarts when it opens this Saturday night (30) for the launch of the latest in the Harry Potter series.
Waterstones in St Albans will have plenty of special events during the evening which runs from 8pm to midnight for customers who have pre-ordered the play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K.Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany.
The script picks up 19 years after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and to mark its launch, Waterstones will have magician TJ Showsmith from the Inner Magic Circle performing a special show followed by him wandering around the shop showcasing his magic close up.
There will also be two owls on show, Pedro and Ben, harpist Bethan Pezzarini serenading guests as they arrive, Russian folk singer Daria Kulesh performing and a specially-designated Potions corner.
The Leaky Cauldron will be open and just before midnight, 200 balloons will be released from a net in the hole in floor one with one of them containing a snitch.
You may also want to watch:
In addition the team at the bookshop will be dressing up and urging customers to join them with two prizes for the best costume.
Events coordinator Gemma Sealey said: “The whole team are excited to be creating a memorable night of magic and we are encouraging everyone to grab their broomsticks (there will be quidditch), don their cloaks and hold onto their hats for witches, wizards, muggles and squibs to stand side by side for undoubtedly the biggest book party of the year.”
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans