St Albans band The Vertigos to play alongside Jake Bugg and The Cribs
- Credit: Archant
A BAND from St Albans are preparing for a summer to remember after being chosen to play at two major music festivals.
Indie five-piece The Vertigos will play alongside acts including Jake Bugg and Devlin at Beach Break Live in Newquay, before strutting their stuff alongside The Cribs and Kids In Glass Houses at CockRock 2013 in Cockermouth.
It will be The Vertigos’ second appearance at Beach Break and band members Matt Taylor, James Hull, Paul Smith, George Aldridge and Troy Edige say they are keen to make their mark.
Guitarist James said: “We can’t wait, We are really looking forward to seeing the established bands we’ll be playing alongside, like Cribs and Jake Bugg, as well as travelling to new places – it’s a good laugh being crammed in the back of a van having some beers!”
The band, mentored by manager Geoff Taylor, are set to release a new EP later this year but admit they were on the verge of splitting up in 2012 due to work and university commitments.
James went on: “Our love of music and determination to make it pulled us through. We’ve put too much time into this band to just give up now.
“We just love to perform – it’s such a buzz, like scoring in a footy match yet it lasts for the whole set!”
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 5 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 6 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 7 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
He said the band were hoping to go on to bigger and better things in the future, adding: “We are chasing the dream. Getting signed, playing the best venues and just having fun doing what we love.”
To listen to the Vertigos or to find out more visitwww.thevertigos.co.uk