St Albans band at Bloodstock Festival
- Credit: Archant
St Albans residents Gerry Long and Sylvy Notermans from rock/metal band Jackknife Seizure will be playing next week’s Bloodstock Festival in Catton Park in Derbyshire. It is the UK’s biggest open-air metal festival and runs from next Thursday, August 7, until Sunday, August 10.
Jackknife Seizure was originally created in 2008 by bassist Dave and guitarist Mit (both based in North London). In 2010, St Albans locals Sylvy and later on Gerry joined on drums and vocals respectively to complete the line-up.
After a year of writing and constant rehearsing, Jackknife Seizure started gigging in 2011 and many gigs followed around the capital and locally, including a show at The Horn in St Albans.
On June 1 the band competed in the London ‘Metal 2 The Masses Competition’ and won their spot on the New Blood Stage at this year’s Bloodstock Open Air festival.
They will join a line-up including such bands as Down, Carcass, Crowbar, Lacona Coil, Megadeth, Graveyard and many more,
You may also want to watch:
The band will be playing on the New Blood Stage next Friday in what is the largest event they have played at.
Jackknife Seizure are launching their first official record release, a four track EP, this summer and can be seen at the Lexington, Kings Cross, next Tuesday, August 5.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 4 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 5 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
More details can be found at www.jackknifeseizure.co.uk.