St Albans band at Bloodstock Festival
- Credit: Archant
St Albans residents Gerry Long and Sylvy Notermans from rock/metal band Jackknife Seizure will be playing next week’s Bloodstock Festival in Catton Park in Derbyshire. It is the UK’s biggest open-air metal festival and runs from next Thursday, August 7, until Sunday, August 10.
Jackknife Seizure was originally created in 2008 by bassist Dave and guitarist Mit (both based in North London). In 2010, St Albans locals Sylvy and later on Gerry joined on drums and vocals respectively to complete the line-up.
After a year of writing and constant rehearsing, Jackknife Seizure started gigging in 2011 and many gigs followed around the capital and locally, including a show at The Horn in St Albans.
On June 1 the band competed in the London ‘Metal 2 The Masses Competition’ and won their spot on the New Blood Stage at this year’s Bloodstock Open Air festival.
They will join a line-up including such bands as Down, Carcass, Crowbar, Lacona Coil, Megadeth, Graveyard and many more,
The band will be playing on the New Blood Stage next Friday in what is the largest event they have played at.
Jackknife Seizure are launching their first official record release, a four track EP, this summer and can be seen at the Lexington, Kings Cross, next Tuesday, August 5.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Hospices announce plans to join forces
More details can be found at www.jackknifeseizure.co.uk.