St Albans artists win places at Mall Galleries exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Two members of St Albans Art Society (SAAS) have had paintings accepted for an exhibition later this month at the prestigious Mall Galleries in London.
Jan Munro and Suman Gujral’s canvases will form part of the Society of Women Artists annual show starting next Thursday, June 26.
There are always plenty of submissions for the show from women artists around the country and only a few have their work accepted.
Suman’s two images are Running to the Sea, depicting a late spring day in south Wales, and Tuscan Hilltop, which had been rejected for the summer exhibition at the Royal Academy.
Jan’s works are entitled Light Flicker and Mushroom and Garlic. Another of her paintings has been accepted for the Pastel Society Exhibition – also at the Mall Galleries this month.
You may also want to watch:
Edward Bevin, who recently became chairman of SAAS, said that to have two members exhibiting in a major national exhibition was a great boost for the society and St Albans as a whole.
Both artists will be submitting their work for the SAAS summer exhibition which will be held in the Town Hall from July 18-26.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden