St Albans artists win places at Mall Galleries exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Two members of St Albans Art Society (SAAS) have had paintings accepted for an exhibition later this month at the prestigious Mall Galleries in London.
Jan Munro and Suman Gujral’s canvases will form part of the Society of Women Artists annual show starting next Thursday, June 26.
There are always plenty of submissions for the show from women artists around the country and only a few have their work accepted.
Suman’s two images are Running to the Sea, depicting a late spring day in south Wales, and Tuscan Hilltop, which had been rejected for the summer exhibition at the Royal Academy.
Jan’s works are entitled Light Flicker and Mushroom and Garlic. Another of her paintings has been accepted for the Pastel Society Exhibition – also at the Mall Galleries this month.
You may also want to watch:
Edward Bevin, who recently became chairman of SAAS, said that to have two members exhibiting in a major national exhibition was a great boost for the society and St Albans as a whole.
Both artists will be submitting their work for the SAAS summer exhibition which will be held in the Town Hall from July 18-26.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images