St Albans pantomime Aladdin cast announced
- Credit: Archant
The main cast members for this year’s St Albans pantomime Aladdin have been announced – and auditions are being held later this month for the juvenile ensemble.
Evolution Pantomimes returns to The Alban Arena from Thursday, December 7 to Sunday, January 7, 2018 with a magical production of panto favourite Aladdin.
Once again written by Paul Hendy, this year’s festive treat features a cast including former EastEnders star Karl Howman and Phil Gallagher, who is better known as CBeebies’ Mister Maker.
Karl Howman played Buster Briggs in BBC One soap EastEnders for two years before leaving Walford last September, having previously found fame as painter and decorator Jacko in comedy series Brush Strokes.
St Albans panto legend Bob Golding will return to The Alban Arena this Christmas as Aladdin’s hilarious Dame.
Ian Kirkby is also back after playing Herman the Henchman in last year’s production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Alban Arena audiences can expect another spurious comedy routine from him and Bob Golding this winter.
Tickets for Aladdin are flying out of the box office.
Call 01727 844488 or book your tickets online at www.alban-arena.co.uk/events/aladdin/
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
The Alban Arena, in partnership with Evolution Pantomimes, is looking for girls to be part of the juvenile ensemble for this year’s spectacular show.
Aladdin auditions will be taking place at the Arena on Saturday, June 24 from 12.30pm until 2pm.
To be able to audition, performers must be between nine and 15 years inclusive on September 1, 2017 and be no taller than 5ft 4in.
The audition will end at approximately 2pm, but auditionees may need to stay longer if they are successful.
Applicants are also advised to bring water, but no other food and drink, and to come wearing comfortable clothes and soft/dance shoes, as they will be taught a routine on the day.
Registration is at 12.30pm.
Budding cast members need to be available from the rehearsal period to the full run of performances – November 25, 2017 to January 7, 2018.