St Albans pantomime Aladdin cast announced
- Credit: Archant
The main cast members for this year’s St Albans pantomime Aladdin have been announced – and auditions are being held later this month for the juvenile ensemble.
Evolution Pantomimes returns to The Alban Arena from Thursday, December 7 to Sunday, January 7, 2018 with a magical production of panto favourite Aladdin.
Once again written by Paul Hendy, this year’s festive treat features a cast including former EastEnders star Karl Howman and Phil Gallagher, who is better known as CBeebies’ Mister Maker.
Karl Howman played Buster Briggs in BBC One soap EastEnders for two years before leaving Walford last September, having previously found fame as painter and decorator Jacko in comedy series Brush Strokes.
St Albans panto legend Bob Golding will return to The Alban Arena this Christmas as Aladdin’s hilarious Dame.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Kirkby is also back after playing Herman the Henchman in last year’s production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Alban Arena audiences can expect another spurious comedy routine from him and Bob Golding this winter.
Tickets for Aladdin are flying out of the box office.
Call 01727 844488 or book your tickets online at www.alban-arena.co.uk/events/aladdin/
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
The Alban Arena, in partnership with Evolution Pantomimes, is looking for girls to be part of the juvenile ensemble for this year’s spectacular show.
Aladdin auditions will be taking place at the Arena on Saturday, June 24 from 12.30pm until 2pm.
To be able to audition, performers must be between nine and 15 years inclusive on September 1, 2017 and be no taller than 5ft 4in.
The audition will end at approximately 2pm, but auditionees may need to stay longer if they are successful.
Applicants are also advised to bring water, but no other food and drink, and to come wearing comfortable clothes and soft/dance shoes, as they will be taught a routine on the day.
Registration is at 12.30pm.
Budding cast members need to be available from the rehearsal period to the full run of performances – November 25, 2017 to January 7, 2018.