St Albans’ Abbey Theatre prepares for new season
IT’S all quiet on the production front at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans at the moment – but scores of Company of Ten members have been hard at work.
They have been wielding the paint brushes and diving into the toolbox to spruce up the theatre in preparation for the new season of plays which begins in the middle of September with Same Time, Next Year, a romantic comedy by Bernard Slade.
It is the first of 11 plays in the season which runs until July 12 and includes such classics as Man and Boy by Terence Rattigan, Pirandello’s Six Characters Looking For An Author, Joe Orton’s Loot and Oscar Wilde’s Lady Windermere’s Fan.
The Christmas show is another classic, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
A production of Much Ado About Nothing in February and Shakespeare’s Sonnets in March are part of the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Open Stages season – a new project that aims to embrace, develop and celebrate amateur theatre.
You may also want to watch:
For information about the new season go to www.abbeytheatre.org.uk or call the box office on 01727 857861.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner