St Albans’ Abbey Theatre prepares for new season
IT’S all quiet on the production front at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans at the moment – but scores of Company of Ten members have been hard at work.
They have been wielding the paint brushes and diving into the toolbox to spruce up the theatre in preparation for the new season of plays which begins in the middle of September with Same Time, Next Year, a romantic comedy by Bernard Slade.
It is the first of 11 plays in the season which runs until July 12 and includes such classics as Man and Boy by Terence Rattigan, Pirandello’s Six Characters Looking For An Author, Joe Orton’s Loot and Oscar Wilde’s Lady Windermere’s Fan.
The Christmas show is another classic, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
A production of Much Ado About Nothing in February and Shakespeare’s Sonnets in March are part of the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Open Stages season – a new project that aims to embrace, develop and celebrate amateur theatre.
You may also want to watch:
For information about the new season go to www.abbeytheatre.org.uk or call the box office on 01727 857861.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend