St Albans Abbey hosting Purcell School students
STUDENTS from the renowned Purcell School will be performing two major choral works in St Albans Abbey this month.
The school’s choir and orchestra are due to perform Brahms’ German Requiem and Bruchner’s Mass in E in the Abbey next Thursday, May 12.
They will be joined for the performance by one of Britain’s most distinguished baritones, Stephen Varcoe, and highly acclaimed young soprano Juliet Fraser and the performance will be conducted by Quentin Poole, the school’s director of music.
This performance of the Requiem will be dedicated to the memory of two fine musicians who both taught for The Purcell School, and who have died within the last year, Ilana Davids and Erik Houston.
The school, based in Aldenham Road, Bushey, holds the UNESCO Mozart Gold Medal in recognition of its unique contribution to music, education and international culture.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets priced �12 and �10 (concessions and students �8, children and unreserved �5) are available by calling the school on 01923 331109 or by emailing H.James@purcell-school.org
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets