St Albans Abbey hosting Purcell School students
STUDENTS from the renowned Purcell School will be performing two major choral works in St Albans Abbey this month.
The school’s choir and orchestra are due to perform Brahms’ German Requiem and Bruchner’s Mass in E in the Abbey next Thursday, May 12.
They will be joined for the performance by one of Britain’s most distinguished baritones, Stephen Varcoe, and highly acclaimed young soprano Juliet Fraser and the performance will be conducted by Quentin Poole, the school’s director of music.
This performance of the Requiem will be dedicated to the memory of two fine musicians who both taught for The Purcell School, and who have died within the last year, Ilana Davids and Erik Houston.
The school, based in Aldenham Road, Bushey, holds the UNESCO Mozart Gold Medal in recognition of its unique contribution to music, education and international culture.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets priced �12 and �10 (concessions and students �8, children and unreserved �5) are available by calling the school on 01923 331109 or by emailing H.James@purcell-school.org
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land