St Albans Abbey host Willow Foundation carol concert
A CAROL concert to mark the 10th anniversary year of a popular charity is being held in St Albans Abbey next Tuesday, December 1. Herts-based charity, the Willow Foundation, provides special days for seriously-ill 16 to 40 year olds and was founded by for
A CAROL concert to mark the 10th anniversary year of a popular charity is being held in St Albans Abbey next Tuesday, December 1.
Herts-based charity, the Willow Foundation, provides special days for seriously-ill 16 to 40 year olds and was founded by former Arsenal goalkeeper Bob Wilson and his wife Megs in memory of their daughter who died of cancer aged 31.
At the concert, which starts at 7.30pm, The Hertfordshire Chorus - recent stars of BBC 2's The Choir - will lead the congregation in song. There will be a solo performance from Lucy Kane, the daughter of Willow Foundation celebrity patrons Linda Lusardi and Sam Kane who will be at the concert, as will Bob and Megs Wilson.
The Willow Foundation has gone from providing just 17 special days in Herts in its first year to almost 1,400 across the UK in 2009. To date the Foundation has provided more than 5,300 special days for young adults living with life-threatening conditions including motor neurone disease, cancer and muscular dystrophy.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �7 for adults and �3 for under 16s. For more information or to book tickets visit www.willowfoundation.org.uk or telephone 01707 259777.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord