St Albans Abbey Girls Choir’s Bank Holiday concert
- Credit: Archant
A FREE lunchtime Bank Holiday concert of music spanning five centuries is being given at St Albans Cathedral on Monday.
The 45-minute concert by the acclaimed Abbey Girls Choir starts at 1pm and will include music by Poulenc, Mendelssohn, Boyce and Stanford as well as John Rutter and an arrangement of a famous classic by Jerome Kern.
The choir will be accompanied on the organ by Justin Miller, Organ Scholar at the Cathedral, who will also play two popular organ solos.
Tom Winpenny, director of the Abbey Girls Choir, said: “This is a rare chance to hear the Abbey Girls Choir perform in concert. We have chosen a wide variety of music from our extensive repertoire, including well-known works and more unfamiliar pieces.
“We will be performing not only sacred music – which forms the core of our repertory – but also works in a lighter vein.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be a retiring collection after the concert and further information can be obtained from the Cathedral Information Desk on 01727 860780.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy