Special Kinda Madness at The Horn, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Special Kinda Madness are bringing their own brand of bonkers to The Horn in St Albans this Saturday.
As their name suggests, they will be playing a set from Madness and a set from the Specials.
Over the last year, the band has been supporting a music-based charity the Specialized Project, which raises money for Teenage Cancer Trust. They have played a couple of gigs to raise funds and collected at all their gigs during the year, raising over £1,600.
The project opted to create a WI-style calendar for 2014 at the end of last year and Special Kinda Madness stripped off – tastefully – to appear as February.
St Albans-based band member Mike Busby commented: “We are very passionate about supporting the Specialized Project to raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust.
You may also want to watch:
“When we were approached to provide a photo for the calendar, our initial reaction was to say yes. Our second reaction was to be terrified of getting our clothes off in a friend’s back garden! But our fear is nothing compared to what it must be like for these sick teenagers.”
Special Kinda Madness play The Horn from 9pm and tickets are £8 in advance from www.thehorn.co.uk or £10 on the door.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25