Special Kinda Madness at The Horn, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Special Kinda Madness are bringing their own brand of bonkers to The Horn in St Albans this Saturday.
As their name suggests, they will be playing a set from Madness and a set from the Specials.
Over the last year, the band has been supporting a music-based charity the Specialized Project, which raises money for Teenage Cancer Trust. They have played a couple of gigs to raise funds and collected at all their gigs during the year, raising over £1,600.
The project opted to create a WI-style calendar for 2014 at the end of last year and Special Kinda Madness stripped off – tastefully – to appear as February.
St Albans-based band member Mike Busby commented: “We are very passionate about supporting the Specialized Project to raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust.
You may also want to watch:
“When we were approached to provide a photo for the calendar, our initial reaction was to say yes. Our second reaction was to be terrified of getting our clothes off in a friend’s back garden! But our fear is nothing compared to what it must be like for these sick teenagers.”
Special Kinda Madness play The Horn from 9pm and tickets are £8 in advance from www.thehorn.co.uk or £10 on the door.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden