Special Kinda Madness at the Horn, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
SPECIAL Kinda Madness, which came up with the idea of putting two iconic bands on the same bill, are appearing at The Horn in St Albans on Saturday night.
The Specials and Madness have proved to be the most enduring of the 2-tone bands of the late 70s and early 80s so Special Kinda Madness have mixed the energy of the former and the anthemic tunes of the latter.
St Albans keyboard player Mike Busby explained: “People of a certain age love to re-live their youth and dance to the tunes that shaped their early years.
“The Specials reforming in recent years and Madness’s appearances as part of the Olympics and the Queen’s Jubilee last year has brought this music back to life. Since we put this tribute act together at the beginning of the year, it has really taken off. So much so that every single gig since we formed has sold out.”
The local six-piece band embarks on an extensive tour in the autumn playing festivals and venues in Coventry, Birmingham, Halifax, Chippenham and Poole.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the gig at The Horn are £6 in advance (www.thehorn.co.uk) or £8 on the door.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book