Special Kinda Madness at the Horn, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
SPECIAL Kinda Madness, which came up with the idea of putting two iconic bands on the same bill, are appearing at The Horn in St Albans on Saturday night.
The Specials and Madness have proved to be the most enduring of the 2-tone bands of the late 70s and early 80s so Special Kinda Madness have mixed the energy of the former and the anthemic tunes of the latter.
St Albans keyboard player Mike Busby explained: “People of a certain age love to re-live their youth and dance to the tunes that shaped their early years.
“The Specials reforming in recent years and Madness’s appearances as part of the Olympics and the Queen’s Jubilee last year has brought this music back to life. Since we put this tribute act together at the beginning of the year, it has really taken off. So much so that every single gig since we formed has sold out.”
The local six-piece band embarks on an extensive tour in the autumn playing festivals and venues in Coventry, Birmingham, Halifax, Chippenham and Poole.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the gig at The Horn are £6 in advance (www.thehorn.co.uk) or £8 on the door.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues