Songwriting hopeful’s bid to reach global audience
A TALENTED singer and songwriter released her debut single to a worldwide audience on Sunday, May 22.
Laura Jeanne, 24, from St Albans, has managed to write, record and release her song Coincidence without even being signed by a record label and is hoping the milestone will mark the start of an illustrious music career.
The former St Albans Girls School pupil started playing the violin by ear at the age of four and has been singing, writing music and penning lyrics for many years.
More recently she has written songs for record company EMI, has been spotted by the man who signed Duffy at Universal Music which resulted in her recording a demo at their HQ and she has been playing prestigious London venues including the The Hard Rock Cafe, Caf� De Paris, Chinawhite, Monto Water Rats, The Bedford, The Regal Room and The Troubadour.
She also has the backing of Lander PR which will help her get signed to a major label.
Laura said: “ I’m unsigned but I have a lot of interest in the industry. It is incredibly difficult to get signed and each year that goes by I get closer and closer. I have released a single all by myself but that’s what you have to do, it sounds a bit clich� but you’ve got to create your own buzz. But it costs a lot of money so I’ve been lucky to have a lot of really good contacts and friends who believe in me to help.”
Indeed, one of Laura’s friends has even recorded a professional video filmed in London to accompany her debut single.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 7 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 10 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
She has a growing fanbase which includes 80s singer Chesney Hawkes who said: “I love Laura, she’s a rare diamond in the rough. Great songs, beautiful voice and also a lovely girl. What else could you wish for?”
Laura’s inspirations include James Morrison, Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, The Script, Delta Goodrem and Aretha Franklin and she describes her own sound as pop/rock/soul.
To enable her to pursue her dream of musical stardom Laura has been working as an extra in the TV and film industry on projects including Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes and Downton Abbey, and has even been Anna Friel’s body double in an upcoming TV thriller. Before this Laura attended the University of Herts where she gained a fashion degree and she designs and makes all the outfits she wore in her video and wears for her stage performances.
Coincidence was released on iTunes and more information about Laura Jeanne can be found at www.myspace.com/laurajeanneuk or www.laurajeanne.co.uk