Song and dance for Radlett Light Operatic Society
CELEBRATE 40 years of the Radlett Light Opera Society with a look through the performances of the past four decades in the special show What a Song and Dance!
Radlett Light Opera Society began, as such things often do, with a small gathering in a living room of like-minded people with a vision and lots of energy. With many hurdles overcome, their first show, The Gondoliers, was presented in November 1972 at the Radlett Hall. At least one local paper was impressed, saying that it “contained a lot of promise and was full of exciting potential”. Since that day 80 productions of nearly 50 different shows have built on that promise and What a Song and Dance! will be a stylish evocation of the last 40 years.
40 years, 40 songs, 40 performers. The best-loved songs from the whole range of musical theatre will feature in this glorious celebration of the Radlett Light Opera Society’s ruby anniversary. As well as a look back through performances over the last 40 years, this award-winning local society take a peek into the future too, with a few tunes from shows yet to be performed. Solos, duets and rousing chorus numbers from shows such as The Gondoliers, Die Fledermaus, The Pajama Game, Fiddler on the Roof, Oliver and Les Miserables, mean that there are bound to be favourites for everyone. As well as great music and singing there will be new choreography for many of the numbers bringing heaps of energy with dance and movement on the Radlett Centre stage.
To mark the anniversary there will be a special charity gala performance in aid of Isabel Hospice on the evening of Saturday, November 20. Tickets for this event cost �20, including a souvenir programme and after show drink with the cast and creative team.
What a Song and Dance can be seen at The Radlett Centre from Tuesday, November 20, to Saturday, November 24, at 7.45pm with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
Ticket prices are just �12 (�20 for Saturday evening’s charity gala performance). Tuesday evening and Saturday matinee performances have concessions for senior citizens and students at �10. Additionally, the Saturday matinee has concessions for children under 16 at just �7.
Book now at the Radlett Centre Box Office on 01923 859291 or online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school