Sondheim’s Follies for St Albans Operatic Society
- Credit: Archant
Ghosts Of the past are coming back to haunt the Alban Arena when Stephen Sondheim’s Follies opens next Tuesday, November 5.
St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) is performing the musical until Saturday, November 9.
Based on the book by James Goldman, it takes place at a reunion of the Weisman (pseudo-Ziegfeld) Follies girls, gathering at their old theatre on the eve of its levelling to become a parking lot.
Old flames are rekindled, chaos ensues and ghosts of the past help tell the story of their follies.
With a cast including performers who previously have appeared on stage in the West End and on the silver screen (including the recent smash hit Mamma Mia!), Follies features divas and their younger counterparts.
You may also want to watch:
SAOS puts on two musicals a year in St Albans, drawing from local talent.
Tickets are available on http://saos.org.uk/s/book or you can get £1 off by booking through a SAOS member or emailing email@example.com
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church