Sondheim’s Follies for St Albans Operatic Society
- Credit: Archant
Ghosts Of the past are coming back to haunt the Alban Arena when Stephen Sondheim’s Follies opens next Tuesday, November 5.
St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS) is performing the musical until Saturday, November 9.
Based on the book by James Goldman, it takes place at a reunion of the Weisman (pseudo-Ziegfeld) Follies girls, gathering at their old theatre on the eve of its levelling to become a parking lot.
Old flames are rekindled, chaos ensues and ghosts of the past help tell the story of their follies.
With a cast including performers who previously have appeared on stage in the West End and on the silver screen (including the recent smash hit Mamma Mia!), Follies features divas and their younger counterparts.
You may also want to watch:
SAOS puts on two musicals a year in St Albans, drawing from local talent.
Tickets are available on http://saos.org.uk/s/book or you can get £1 off by booking through a SAOS member or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school