Son inspires mother's charity art exhibition at St Albans Town Hall
THE artist mother of brittle bone disease sufferer Dominic Hyams is selling cards during an Open Studios event to raise money for the charity which has helped her son. Wendy Hyams is one of a group of artists who are exhibiting in the Art Symphony Open St
THE artist mother of brittle bone disease sufferer Dominic Hyams is selling cards during an Open Studios event to raise money for the charity which has helped her son.
Wendy Hyams is one of a group of artists who are exhibiting in the Art Symphony Open Studio in the courtroom at St Albans Town Hall from Saturday (26) until Sunday, October 4.
She is selling cards to benefit the Brittle Bone Society and inviting people to judge which photographic images they like the best for future supply.
Wendy, who lives in Sandfield Road, St Albans, said: "I've been meaning to produce some cards for the Brittle Bone Society for some time with a view to giving something back for all the support they have given us over the years."
She also wants to promote awareness of the condition of which Dom, as her son is known, has a severe form.
Despite his disability, he has finished a degree at Warwick University and has now started work at a large advertising agency in London.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 8 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
Wendy said: "Dom has been incredibly fortunate, as we have, to have had the support of friends, family, schools, health organisations and other support networks including the Brittle Bone Society and he could not have achieved so much without all this so we will always be grateful."
The Art Symphony Open Studio features the work of Anelli Boon, Claudia Brown, Karen Davies, Lucky Dolan, Fire and Clay, Steph Littlechild and Jonathan Mitchell as well as Wendy.