Son inspires mother's charity art exhibition at St Albans Town Hall
THE artist mother of brittle bone disease sufferer Dominic Hyams is selling cards during an Open Studios event to raise money for the charity which has helped her son. Wendy Hyams is one of a group of artists who are exhibiting in the Art Symphony Open St
THE artist mother of brittle bone disease sufferer Dominic Hyams is selling cards during an Open Studios event to raise money for the charity which has helped her son.
Wendy Hyams is one of a group of artists who are exhibiting in the Art Symphony Open Studio in the courtroom at St Albans Town Hall from Saturday (26) until Sunday, October 4.
She is selling cards to benefit the Brittle Bone Society and inviting people to judge which photographic images they like the best for future supply.
Wendy, who lives in Sandfield Road, St Albans, said: "I've been meaning to produce some cards for the Brittle Bone Society for some time with a view to giving something back for all the support they have given us over the years."
She also wants to promote awareness of the condition of which Dom, as her son is known, has a severe form.
Despite his disability, he has finished a degree at Warwick University and has now started work at a large advertising agency in London.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
Wendy said: "Dom has been incredibly fortunate, as we have, to have had the support of friends, family, schools, health organisations and other support networks including the Brittle Bone Society and he could not have achieved so much without all this so we will always be grateful."
The Art Symphony Open Studio features the work of Anelli Boon, Claudia Brown, Karen Davies, Lucky Dolan, Fire and Clay, Steph Littlechild and Jonathan Mitchell as well as Wendy.