Son inspires mother's charity art exhibition at St Albans Town Hall
THE artist mother of brittle bone disease sufferer Dominic Hyams is selling cards during an Open Studios event to raise money for the charity which has helped her son. Wendy Hyams is one of a group of artists who are exhibiting in the Art Symphony Open St
THE artist mother of brittle bone disease sufferer Dominic Hyams is selling cards during an Open Studios event to raise money for the charity which has helped her son.
Wendy Hyams is one of a group of artists who are exhibiting in the Art Symphony Open Studio in the courtroom at St Albans Town Hall from Saturday (26) until Sunday, October 4.
She is selling cards to benefit the Brittle Bone Society and inviting people to judge which photographic images they like the best for future supply.
Wendy, who lives in Sandfield Road, St Albans, said: "I've been meaning to produce some cards for the Brittle Bone Society for some time with a view to giving something back for all the support they have given us over the years."
You may also want to watch:
She also wants to promote awareness of the condition of which Dom, as her son is known, has a severe form.
Despite his disability, he has finished a degree at Warwick University and has now started work at a large advertising agency in London.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Wendy said: "Dom has been incredibly fortunate, as we have, to have had the support of friends, family, schools, health organisations and other support networks including the Brittle Bone Society and he could not have achieved so much without all this so we will always be grateful."
The Art Symphony Open Studio features the work of Anelli Boon, Claudia Brown, Karen Davies, Lucky Dolan, Fire and Clay, Steph Littlechild and Jonathan Mitchell as well as Wendy.