Something for everyone at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
INTERNATIONAL pianist Annett Busse returns to the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Wednesday afternoon, July 7, for a lunchtime concert.
She will be performing an all-new programme of unduly neglected and beautiful works by Bach, Mozart and Rachmaninov.
The recital, which starts at 1pm, will also feature a cycle of pieces by Cornish composer Graham Lynch of which Annett recently gave the first public performance.
Tickets are �4, available from the box office on 01727 844222
Film director Guido Contini struggles to find harmony in his professional and personal lives in Nine, the film which is being shown at 7.30pm next Friday, July 9, at the arts theatre. It looks at his dramatic relationships with his wife, mistress, mother, muse and agent and it is being shown from 7.30pm. Tickets are �5 with concessions �4.50.
You may also want to watch:
A magical world for children in which they can tread the boards and join in with a porridge fest comes to the theatre when booster cushion theatre puts on Big Goldilocks at 3pm next Saturday, July 10.
Aimed at four to nine year olds, the show features 20 animals including cows, pigs and cockerels and tickets are �5.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid