Something for everyone at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
INTERNATIONAL pianist Annett Busse returns to the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Wednesday afternoon, July 7, for a lunchtime concert.
She will be performing an all-new programme of unduly neglected and beautiful works by Bach, Mozart and Rachmaninov.
The recital, which starts at 1pm, will also feature a cycle of pieces by Cornish composer Graham Lynch of which Annett recently gave the first public performance.
Tickets are �4, available from the box office on 01727 844222
Film director Guido Contini struggles to find harmony in his professional and personal lives in Nine, the film which is being shown at 7.30pm next Friday, July 9, at the arts theatre. It looks at his dramatic relationships with his wife, mistress, mother, muse and agent and it is being shown from 7.30pm. Tickets are �5 with concessions �4.50.
You may also want to watch:
A magical world for children in which they can tread the boards and join in with a porridge fest comes to the theatre when booster cushion theatre puts on Big Goldilocks at 3pm next Saturday, July 10.
Aimed at four to nine year olds, the show features 20 animals including cows, pigs and cockerels and tickets are �5.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images