Sol Bernstein headlines Funny First Monday at the Waterend Barn, St Albans
SHOWBIZ legend Sol Bernstein is bringing his chutzpah to Funny First Mondays, the St Albans comedy club, next week.
Described in The Guardian as “one part Alf Garnett, two parts Mel Brooks and three parts like nothing you’ve ever heard”, he is an all-round entertainer who is a song and dance man, a comedian, magician and a jazz musician.
Joining him at the club at the Waterend Barn, St Albans, from 8pm next Monday, September 5, will be Frank Sanazi who launched himself on the comedy circuit a decade ago with his speciality turn which he now takes regularly to Glastonbury, Edinburgh and many other festivals.
The embodiment of a fifties crooner performing Sinatra classics, his approach has been described as “extreme cabaret”.
Also appearing will be larger-than-life comic Paul Gannon who combines his inner geek with ukulele music and weirdly twisted songs.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �8 via the website www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or on the door on the night.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 6 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 7 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 8 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 9 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire