Skyfall opens new year at the Alban Arena
NEW Year films at the Alban Arena get underway with the biggest-grossing movie of 2012, Skyfall.
The latest instalment of the Bond franchise can be seen at 7.30pm from next Tuesday to Thursday, January 8 to 10, and at 1.30pm on the Wednesday afternoon.
Directed by Sam Mendes, Bond’s loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.
Starring Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Ralph Fiennes and Javier Bardem, the 23rd outing for Bond has become the first film to pass the �100m mark in UK box offices.
Tickets for film matinees are �5 and for evenings are �7 or �5 for concessions.
You may also want to watch:
n Alban Arena pantomime Aladdin has broken box office records with a few days still left to go.
Last Saturday morning saw Evolution Productions Christmas spectacular exceed last year’s Snow White both financially and in capacity, making it St Albans’ best-selling pantomime for the third year in a row.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Aladdin, which stars Phil Gallagher and Shaun Williamson, runs until Sunday (6) and tickets are available through the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk