Skyfall opens new year at the Alban Arena
NEW Year films at the Alban Arena get underway with the biggest-grossing movie of 2012, Skyfall.
The latest instalment of the Bond franchise can be seen at 7.30pm from next Tuesday to Thursday, January 8 to 10, and at 1.30pm on the Wednesday afternoon.
Directed by Sam Mendes, Bond’s loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.
Starring Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Ralph Fiennes and Javier Bardem, the 23rd outing for Bond has become the first film to pass the �100m mark in UK box offices.
Tickets for film matinees are �5 and for evenings are �7 or �5 for concessions.
n Alban Arena pantomime Aladdin has broken box office records with a few days still left to go.
Last Saturday morning saw Evolution Productions Christmas spectacular exceed last year’s Snow White both financially and in capacity, making it St Albans’ best-selling pantomime for the third year in a row.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 4 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 5 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 6 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 9 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
Aladdin, which stars Phil Gallagher and Shaun Williamson, runs until Sunday (6) and tickets are available through the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk