Skids announce ‘Unplugged’ gig in Harpenden
- Credit: Harpenden Public Halls
Scottish rockers Skids have announced an ‘Unplugged’ gig in Harpenden.
Best known for hit Into the Valley, the punk rock/new wave band will play Harpenden Public Halls on Friday, April 17.
Featuring original member Richard Jobson, former Big Country guitarist Bruce Watson and Jamie Watson, they will be performing at the Southdown Road venue in support of their recent acoustic album Peaceful Times.
The band was formed by Richard Jobson, Stuart Adamson, Bill Simpson and Tom Kellichan in 1977 in their home town of Dunfermline.
Following early singles Sweet Surburbia and The Saints are Coming, Skids hit the top 10 with Into the Valley in 1979.
You may also want to watch:
They subsequently had top 20 hits with singles Masquerade and Working for the Yankee Dollar.
The group celebrated their 40th anniversary in 2017 by releasing Burning Cities, their first new album in 35 years.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
Tickets for their Harpenden gig cost £20, and this performance is seated.
The venue opens at 6.30pm, the auditorium opens at 7pm and the concert is due to start at 7.30pm.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk or from the Harpenden Public Halls box office on 01582 767525.