Single act players get ready for drama festival
- Credit: Archant
Three local drama groups are putting on one-act plays in the Welwyn Drama Festival which gets underway at the Barn Theatre on Monday, May 18.
The Company of Teens, winners of this year’s Youth Drama Festival, get the festival underway on Monday with The Wardrobe by Sam Holcroft.
Next Saturday, May 23, The Company of Ten will be performing The Visitation, a new tragi-black comedy by Jane Fookes which marks the directing debut of Catherine Hieatt.
And next Thursday, May 21, it will be the turn of the Nomansland Theatre Company, a group of performers who met through the Company of Ten and will be putting on Terms and Conditions Apply, written and directed by Peter Hale.
Adjudicator Bev Clark said: “I like to see one-act plays, it’s a nice size to work with and you do see some very interesting work that you might not otherwise see.”
You may also want to watch:
Further details and tickets can be obtained from the box office on 01707 324300 or go to www.barntheatre.co.uk
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe