Singing showcase with Shakespearean theme at Harpenden festival
- Credit: Archant
A summer singing festival, which provides an opportunity for local singers to come together, is being held in Harpenden this Saturday. (25)
The Lea Singers have adopted a Shakespearean theme for its festival which is being held at St Nicholas Church.
It is a chance for local singers to meet, discover and sing together.
Tenor James Gilchrist, who performed with the Lea Singers in their performance of Bach’s St Matthew Passion in St Albans Cathedral last February, and his accompanist Anna Tilbrook, who grew up in Harpenden. will perform a Shakespeare-themed song recital from 2pm.
Afterwards, they will conduct a masterclass with three young local singers, mezzo-sopranos Izzi Blain and Nina Vinther, and tenor Oliver Martin-Smith.
You may also want to watch:
All three will perform a solo song before being helped to perfect their performances by James and Anna.
The festival will end with the Lea Singers putting on a concert of a capella choral music inspired by the works of Shakespeare. They will be joined by the St Nicholas Church children’s choir.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Recital tickets are £15, £10 for under 18s and students. Choral concert tickets are £15, £10 for under 18s and students and there is a package price for the two events of £25, £15 for under 18s and students. The young singers’ masterclass is a free event, open to all.