Singer/songwriter Roon Staal at St Peter’s Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A YOUNG Dutch singer/songwriter and pianist is performing his debut UK concert in St Albans next Saturday, February 23.
Roon Staal will be singing a variety of songs in English and Dutch from 8pm at St Peter’s Church in the city centre.
Some of the songs will be his own compositions and others well-known songs by The Beatles, Gilbert O’Sullivan, Chris de Burgh, Rich Mullins and classics like Panis Angelicus.
Roon comes from Westerland in Holland and has released three CDs of his music of which one is a live recording of a concert he did in Vladivostok, Russia.
He recently had a lead role in a Dutch musical called Petticoat as well as concerts in Holland and in Russia. Previously he has had roles in other musicals including Tommy and Rembrandt.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can be ordered by e-mail at email@example.com, by contacting Roger Stacey on 07831388061 or on line from http://www.allaboutstalbans.com/
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book