Singer/songwriter Roon Staal at St Peter’s Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A YOUNG Dutch singer/songwriter and pianist is performing his debut UK concert in St Albans next Saturday, February 23.
Roon Staal will be singing a variety of songs in English and Dutch from 8pm at St Peter’s Church in the city centre.
Some of the songs will be his own compositions and others well-known songs by The Beatles, Gilbert O’Sullivan, Chris de Burgh, Rich Mullins and classics like Panis Angelicus.
Roon comes from Westerland in Holland and has released three CDs of his music of which one is a live recording of a concert he did in Vladivostok, Russia.
He recently had a lead role in a Dutch musical called Petticoat as well as concerts in Holland and in Russia. Previously he has had roles in other musicals including Tommy and Rembrandt.
Tickets can be ordered by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by contacting Roger Stacey on 07831388061 or on line from http://www.allaboutstalbans.com/
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area