Sing Mozart! gathers momentum with 200 singers
- Credit: Archant
Rehearsals are underway for the Sing Mozart! community choir venture announced by the Hertfordshire Chorus in November.
Both the community choir and the Hertfordshire Chorus are working toward the concert in St Albans Cathedral on Saturday, February 20.
The programme starts with Hertfordshire Chorus singing A Child of our Time by Michael Tippett. They are then joined by the Sing Mozart! choir to provide almost 200 voices for the Mozart Requiem.
The Sing Mozart! choir is a mixture of experienced and new singers, some of whom have never have been on the big stage and others have not sung since they were at school.
Musical director David Temple was delighted with the first rehearsal and commented : “I came along with high expectations - based on a previous experience of a similar project - but I could not have imagined how brilliantly the rehearsal unfolded.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a joyous and inspiring occasion. Apart from the huge number of singers who attended, the biggest bonus was the standard of the singing. It was amazing what we covered in just one rehearsal. I believe we are heading for a magical performance to a full cathedral.”
For information and to buy tickets click here.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly