Sing Mozart! gathers momentum with 200 singers
- Credit: Archant
Rehearsals are underway for the Sing Mozart! community choir venture announced by the Hertfordshire Chorus in November.
Both the community choir and the Hertfordshire Chorus are working toward the concert in St Albans Cathedral on Saturday, February 20.
The programme starts with Hertfordshire Chorus singing A Child of our Time by Michael Tippett. They are then joined by the Sing Mozart! choir to provide almost 200 voices for the Mozart Requiem.
The Sing Mozart! choir is a mixture of experienced and new singers, some of whom have never have been on the big stage and others have not sung since they were at school.
Musical director David Temple was delighted with the first rehearsal and commented : “I came along with high expectations - based on a previous experience of a similar project - but I could not have imagined how brilliantly the rehearsal unfolded.
“It was a joyous and inspiring occasion. Apart from the huge number of singers who attended, the biggest bonus was the standard of the singing. It was amazing what we covered in just one rehearsal. I believe we are heading for a magical performance to a full cathedral.”
For information and to buy tickets click here.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023