Sing Mozart! gathers momentum with 200 singers
- Credit: Archant
Rehearsals are underway for the Sing Mozart! community choir venture announced by the Hertfordshire Chorus in November.
Both the community choir and the Hertfordshire Chorus are working toward the concert in St Albans Cathedral on Saturday, February 20.
The programme starts with Hertfordshire Chorus singing A Child of our Time by Michael Tippett. They are then joined by the Sing Mozart! choir to provide almost 200 voices for the Mozart Requiem.
The Sing Mozart! choir is a mixture of experienced and new singers, some of whom have never have been on the big stage and others have not sung since they were at school.
Musical director David Temple was delighted with the first rehearsal and commented : “I came along with high expectations - based on a previous experience of a similar project - but I could not have imagined how brilliantly the rehearsal unfolded.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a joyous and inspiring occasion. Apart from the huge number of singers who attended, the biggest bonus was the standard of the singing. It was amazing what we covered in just one rehearsal. I believe we are heading for a magical performance to a full cathedral.”
For information and to buy tickets click here.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital