Sinead and the Dawnbreakers at the Childwickbury Festival
FIVE-piece rockabilly/country band Sinead Quinn and the Dawnbreakers are appearing at the Childwickbury Festival next Saturday evening, July 2.
Lead singer Sinead came second in the BBC 1 show Fame Academy in 2002 – the only contestant selected by public vote rather than the judges’ panel.
She subsequently released two hit singles and a self-penned album entitled Ready to Run.
Sinead, who has shared the stage with such artists as Lulu and Justin Hayward, took the band’s name from the Irish showband who backed her mother Philomena in the 1960s.
With her father Gerry also a working musician, she grew up surrounded by the type of music she now writes and performs – rock ‘n’ roll, rockabilly and country music.
Sinead is joined by Ray Waters, Tom Waters, Iain Hornal and Luke Roberts to complete the Dawnbreakers’ line-up. The band has been experiencing increased exposure including a performance on Radio Two with Dermot O’Leary, an appearance on Children in Need and for two years running at The Little World Festival in France where they were joined onstage by Glenn Tillbrook.
The Dawnbreakers have supported The Feeling, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Carol Decker, Toyah Wilcox and Paul Young’s Las Pacaminos.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 5 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 9 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Sinead and the band are performing at the Childwickbury Festival from 7.30pm and tickets at �10 can be obtained online via www.childwickbury-arts-fair.com