Sinead and the Dawnbreakers at the Childwickbury Festival
FIVE-piece rockabilly/country band Sinead Quinn and the Dawnbreakers are appearing at the Childwickbury Festival next Saturday evening, July 2.
Lead singer Sinead came second in the BBC 1 show Fame Academy in 2002 – the only contestant selected by public vote rather than the judges’ panel.
She subsequently released two hit singles and a self-penned album entitled Ready to Run.
Sinead, who has shared the stage with such artists as Lulu and Justin Hayward, took the band’s name from the Irish showband who backed her mother Philomena in the 1960s.
With her father Gerry also a working musician, she grew up surrounded by the type of music she now writes and performs – rock ‘n’ roll, rockabilly and country music.
You may also want to watch:
Sinead is joined by Ray Waters, Tom Waters, Iain Hornal and Luke Roberts to complete the Dawnbreakers’ line-up. The band has been experiencing increased exposure including a performance on Radio Two with Dermot O’Leary, an appearance on Children in Need and for two years running at The Little World Festival in France where they were joined onstage by Glenn Tillbrook.
The Dawnbreakers have supported The Feeling, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Carol Decker, Toyah Wilcox and Paul Young’s Las Pacaminos.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Sinead and the band are performing at the Childwickbury Festival from 7.30pm and tickets at �10 can be obtained online via www.childwickbury-arts-fair.com