Sinead and the Dawnbreakers at the Childwickbury Festival
FIVE-piece rockabilly/country band Sinead Quinn and the Dawnbreakers are appearing at the Childwickbury Festival next Saturday evening, July 2.
Lead singer Sinead came second in the BBC 1 show Fame Academy in 2002 – the only contestant selected by public vote rather than the judges’ panel.
She subsequently released two hit singles and a self-penned album entitled Ready to Run.
Sinead, who has shared the stage with such artists as Lulu and Justin Hayward, took the band’s name from the Irish showband who backed her mother Philomena in the 1960s.
With her father Gerry also a working musician, she grew up surrounded by the type of music she now writes and performs – rock ‘n’ roll, rockabilly and country music.
You may also want to watch:
Sinead is joined by Ray Waters, Tom Waters, Iain Hornal and Luke Roberts to complete the Dawnbreakers’ line-up. The band has been experiencing increased exposure including a performance on Radio Two with Dermot O’Leary, an appearance on Children in Need and for two years running at The Little World Festival in France where they were joined onstage by Glenn Tillbrook.
The Dawnbreakers have supported The Feeling, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Carol Decker, Toyah Wilcox and Paul Young’s Las Pacaminos.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
Sinead and the band are performing at the Childwickbury Festival from 7.30pm and tickets at �10 can be obtained online via www.childwickbury-arts-fair.com