Sinead and the Dawnbreakers at the Childwickbury Festival
FIVE-piece rockabilly/country band Sinead Quinn and the Dawnbreakers are appearing at the Childwickbury Festival next Saturday evening, July 2.
Lead singer Sinead came second in the BBC 1 show Fame Academy in 2002 – the only contestant selected by public vote rather than the judges’ panel.
She subsequently released two hit singles and a self-penned album entitled Ready to Run.
Sinead, who has shared the stage with such artists as Lulu and Justin Hayward, took the band’s name from the Irish showband who backed her mother Philomena in the 1960s.
With her father Gerry also a working musician, she grew up surrounded by the type of music she now writes and performs – rock ‘n’ roll, rockabilly and country music.
Sinead is joined by Ray Waters, Tom Waters, Iain Hornal and Luke Roberts to complete the Dawnbreakers’ line-up. The band has been experiencing increased exposure including a performance on Radio Two with Dermot O’Leary, an appearance on Children in Need and for two years running at The Little World Festival in France where they were joined onstage by Glenn Tillbrook.
The Dawnbreakers have supported The Feeling, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Carol Decker, Toyah Wilcox and Paul Young’s Las Pacaminos.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 5 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 6 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 7 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
- 8 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 9 Family favourite event returns to Harpenden park
- 10 Harley-Davidson rider dies in A5183 Radlett crash
Sinead and the band are performing at the Childwickbury Festival from 7.30pm and tickets at �10 can be obtained online via www.childwickbury-arts-fair.com