Sinéad and the Dawnbreakers at Childwickbury Arts Fair
- Credit: Archant
FIVE-piece rockabilly/country band Sinéad and The Dawnbreakers are playing at the Childwickbury Art Fair this Saturday, July 6.
Lead singer Sinéad Quinn came second in the BBC1 TV show, Fame Academy in 2002. She was the only contestant selected by public vote rather than the judges’ panel and subsequently released two hit singles and a self-penned album entitled Ready to Run.
She has shared the stage with artists such as Lulu and Justin Hayward, the latter when she played the role of Beth in Jeff Wayne’s musical production of War of the Worlds.
The band’s name is taken from the Irish Showband who backed her mother, Philomena, in the 1960s, and with her father Gerry also a working musician, Sinéad grew up surrounded by the very music she now writes and performs with her band – rock’n’roll, rockabilly and country music.
Sinead and The Dawnbreakers have appeared in a performance on BBC radio 2 with Dermot O’Leary, on BBC1’s Children In Need and for two years running at The Little World Festival in France where they were joined onstage by Glenn Tilbrook of Squeeze. Glenn is a fan of the band and subsequently invited them down to a music night he hosts in East London.
Further details about the Childwickbury Arts Fair can be found at www.childwickbury-arts-fair.com
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford