Sinéad and the Dawnbreakers at Childwickbury Arts Fair
- Credit: Archant
FIVE-piece rockabilly/country band Sinéad and The Dawnbreakers are playing at the Childwickbury Art Fair this Saturday, July 6.
Lead singer Sinéad Quinn came second in the BBC1 TV show, Fame Academy in 2002. She was the only contestant selected by public vote rather than the judges’ panel and subsequently released two hit singles and a self-penned album entitled Ready to Run.
She has shared the stage with artists such as Lulu and Justin Hayward, the latter when she played the role of Beth in Jeff Wayne’s musical production of War of the Worlds.
The band’s name is taken from the Irish Showband who backed her mother, Philomena, in the 1960s, and with her father Gerry also a working musician, Sinéad grew up surrounded by the very music she now writes and performs with her band – rock’n’roll, rockabilly and country music.
Sinead and The Dawnbreakers have appeared in a performance on BBC radio 2 with Dermot O’Leary, on BBC1’s Children In Need and for two years running at The Little World Festival in France where they were joined onstage by Glenn Tilbrook of Squeeze. Glenn is a fan of the band and subsequently invited them down to a music night he hosts in East London.
You may also want to watch:
Further details about the Childwickbury Arts Fair can be found at www.childwickbury-arts-fair.com
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge