The Fast Show star brings comedy characters to Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Comedian and actor Simon Day has announced a tour date for Harpenden this autumn.
The star of The Fast Show is coming to Harpenden Public Halls on Saturday, October 14.
In the first one-man show that he has performed for many years, Simon Day In Character will showcase a range of the comedian’s best-loved characters from stage and screen, brought together for the very first time.
The star of BBC’s hit TV show Brian Pern: A Life In Rock will be brought to life in a live setting for the first time.
This is a chance to see the aged prog rock star and humanitarian in full effect as he discusses rumours of his death and performs some live songs.
You may also want to watch:
The Fast Show’s pub bore and star of 2003 witness protection comedy, Grass, Billy Bleach, will be resurrected and speaking for the first time since being charged with making 278 sexist comments over a three-month period in his local Wetherspoon’s.
Geoffrey Allerton, Yorkshire’s most under-rated poet, steps out of the Mallard Theatre and onto a stage near you to recite work from his latest poetry collection ‘Making Time’.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
And one of Britain’s most dangerous men and longest serving prisoners, Tony Beckton, talks about his continuous struggle to adapt to life on the outside.
He’ll be regaling the audience with stories of his antics in prisons across the UK.
The tour will be a funny and fascinating insight into the minds of four very different characters, as they struggle to work out how they fit into a modern world, which has perhaps left them behind.
Simon Day will be premiering the show at Edinburgh Festival from August 16 to August 20 at The Pleasance Dome.
Tickets for his performance at Harpenden Public Halls on October 14 cost £20.
• Visit www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk to buy tickets online or call the box office on 01582 767525.