Simon Allen Quintet at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
ORIGINALS and arrangements from his latest album, Any Minute Now are being performed by the Simon Allen Quintet at Herts Jazz Club on Sunday.
Simon’s CV reads like a who’s who of jazz today. He won the Daily Telegraph Jazz Musician of the Year at the age of 16 and since then has been seen performing alongside artists of the stature of Wynton Marsalis, Stan Tracey, Kenny Wheeler, Django Bates, Iain Ballamy and Julian Joseph.
He was chosen to lead the horn section in the band for the Queen’s Golden Jubilee, backing artists such as Phil Collins, Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney.
Recently he has performed with Jamie Cullum and recorded with Katie Melua.
Simon will be joined by Martin Shaw (trumpet), Tom Cawley (piano), Laurence Cottle (bass) and Mike Bradley (drums).
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £5 for students and under-21s, £11 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html and £13 at the door.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25