Showcase for St Albans organ scholar
LOCAL young organist Robert Dixon is performing the next organ recital in a series at Marlborough Road Methodist Church in St Albans next Tuesday, September 22.
The series is organised by the New School of Organ Studies and the recital includes works by J.S. Bach, Louis Vierne, William Walton, Jean Langlais and C.H. Parry.
Robert is the Senior Organ Scholar of Jesus College, Cambridge, where he accompanies and occasionally directs the two college choirs. He is now in the third and final year of a degree in theology.
Although a native of St Albans, Robert was previously the Organ Scholar of Gloucester Cathedral and prior to that, at Oundle School. He became a Fellow of the Royal College of Organists in July 2010 and is currently studying with Gordon Stewart.
Robert has performed in cathedrals, churches and concert halls throughout the UK – ranging from St Paul’s Cathedral to York Minster, and from Birmingham Symphony Hall to the Royal Albert Hall – as well as at European locations and the USA.
You may also want to watch:
More recently he has given recitals at St John’s College Cambridge and in Gloucester, Hereford and Worcester Cathedrals, as well as performing during the Three Choirs’ Festival in 2010 and at the Buxton Festival in 2011.
The recital begins at 12.30pm with tea, coffee and biscuits available before and afterwards. Admission is free, with a retiring collection in aid of the New School of Organ Studies and the church.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
For further details, contact (01727) 865979 or email email@example.com