Show of Hands bring Now We Are Four tour to St Albans
- Credit: Supplied by The Alban Arena
Acclaimed folk and roots duo Show of Hands will be appearing live in St Albans this week – as a four-piece.
Show of Hands - singer-songwriter Steve Knightley and multi-instrumentalist Phil Beer - will be playing The Alban Arena as part of a major UK autumn tour.
The two undisputed kings of the folk, roots and acoustic scene reunite with long-term collaborator Miranda Sykes for the Now We Are Four tour gig on Thursday, November 21.
Bass and vocal queen Sykes was much-missed during her recent sabbatical.
And there's more, because the trio is expanding to include master percussionist Cormac Byrne, who returns with his blistering additions by popular demand.
You may also want to watch:
There are no support acts on this tour, and instead during the opening set each musician will introduce themselves and play in six unique duo combinations where literally anything could happen.
This will be an evening spent immersed in the talents of some of the most accomplished folk musicians of their time.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
Steve said: "With the heartbeat and harmonies that Cormac and Miranda add, we are at last creating a sound we've dreamed of making for 25 years."
Tickets for the concert cost £26 and £13 under-21s.
The show starts at 7.30pm.
For tickets, call The Alban Arena box office number on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk