Shazia Mirza leading laughs for St Albans Monday
TOP female Muslim stand-up comic Shazia Mirza is the headline act at the next Funny First Mondays comedy night next week. She worked as a science teacher before beginning her comedy career in 2000 and has been in demand ever since, both in this country an
TOP female Muslim stand-up comic Shazia Mirza is the headline act at the next Funny First Mondays comedy night next week.
She worked as a science teacher before beginning her comedy career in 2000 and has been in demand ever since, both in this country and in the States.
Having worked her way up the comedy ladder, her laconic one-liners and stereotype-busting observations have kept her constantly in demand on the comedy circuit.
Appearances on programmes such as Have I Got News For You have helped make her a household name.
You may also want to watch:
Opening Monday night's proceedings at the comedy night held at the Waterend Barn in St Albans is Duncan Edwards who plays regular comedy slots up and down the country.
Joining him on the bill is Jason Patterson with his sideways look at gangs, urban life and hoodies while Sam Veale completes the line-up with his deadpan mix of the everyday and surreal.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Guest MC is Steve N Allen whose day job as a DJ on Hertbeat Radio entitles him to send up the universal radio DJ voice and Mike Manera will be there to hold the comedy reins.
Funny First Mondays is presented in association with STARTS - St Albans Arts - and the comedy begins at 8pm. Admission is �5.