Sell out for St Albans Gang Show
SO successful is the St Albans Gang Show that tickets for all five performances sold out on the day they went on sale.
With the knowledge that there is already a significant waiting list for returns, final rehearsals have started taking place at the Alban Arena with more than 30 songs and sketches involving 124 youngsters from St Albans Scout and Guides units.
The performers range from 11 to 25 and have spent more than 150 hours rehearsing for the award-winning show which includes song and dance routines, lightning-quick costume changes and a number of comedy sketches – not to mention a 14-piece band, cutting-edge technology and bags of enthusiasm.
Cast member Luke Collins, 12, is treading the boards for the first time and carrying on a family tradition. Both his parents were cast members when they were children and his sister Jodi is also in the show.
He said: “I’m so excited at performing in my first Gang Show, We have been rehearsing since last October and I’ve made so many new friends.”
It’s the sixth show for Laura Paul, 17, who commented: “There is nothing quite like the buzz you get from being a cast member in the St Albans Gang Show. The feeling you get when the curtain goes up is truly fantastic and I can’t wait until our opening night.”
David Barker, producer for the past 10 years, added: “We have a tremendous amount still to do before our opening night but our team of more than 100 adult volunteers are working night and day to ensure that we have a show to wow our audiences with.”
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 3 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 4 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 5 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 7 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 10 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
The 33rd St Albans Scout and Gang Show will play to nearly 4,000 people at the Alban Arena during its five-show run until next Saturday, February 11.