Sell out for St Albans Gang Show
SO successful is the St Albans Gang Show that tickets for all five performances sold out on the day they went on sale.
With the knowledge that there is already a significant waiting list for returns, final rehearsals have started taking place at the Alban Arena with more than 30 songs and sketches involving 124 youngsters from St Albans Scout and Guides units.
The performers range from 11 to 25 and have spent more than 150 hours rehearsing for the award-winning show which includes song and dance routines, lightning-quick costume changes and a number of comedy sketches – not to mention a 14-piece band, cutting-edge technology and bags of enthusiasm.
Cast member Luke Collins, 12, is treading the boards for the first time and carrying on a family tradition. Both his parents were cast members when they were children and his sister Jodi is also in the show.
He said: “I’m so excited at performing in my first Gang Show, We have been rehearsing since last October and I’ve made so many new friends.”
You may also want to watch:
It’s the sixth show for Laura Paul, 17, who commented: “There is nothing quite like the buzz you get from being a cast member in the St Albans Gang Show. The feeling you get when the curtain goes up is truly fantastic and I can’t wait until our opening night.”
David Barker, producer for the past 10 years, added: “We have a tremendous amount still to do before our opening night but our team of more than 100 adult volunteers are working night and day to ensure that we have a show to wow our audiences with.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
The 33rd St Albans Scout and Gang Show will play to nearly 4,000 people at the Alban Arena during its five-show run until next Saturday, February 11.