See the light at the Arena next week
- Credit: Archant
Blues-rock guitarist Walter Trout returns to the stage of the Alban Arena next Tuesday, July 19, following his recovery from a successful liver transplant.
Voted the sixth best guitarist ever in a BBC RAdio listeners poll, he topped the blues charts with Full Circle and The Outsider.
In 2014, after his liver transplant, he said: “To play my music for people has become even more important to me. When I think about looking out into the crowds of people and connecting with everyone on a soul level, and sharing the experience of music with them, this is what keeps me fighting to get back.”
The show begins at 7.30pm and tickets at £25 are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online.
* American biographical drama I Saw The Light will be showing at the Arena next Wednesday and Thursday, July 20 and 21.
Directed, written, and produced by Marc Abraham, it stars Tom Hiddleston as country music legend Hank Williams and Elizabeth Olsen as his first wife, Audrey.
You may also want to watch:
The film focuses on the country and blues singer-songwriter’s life and rise to fame as one of country music’s most popular and influential artists. The title comes from the gospel song of the same name written and performed by Williams.
The film is being screened at 7.30pm both nights with a Wednesday matinee at 1.30pm. Tickets are £7 with concessions and the matinee £5.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans