The Secret Garden is still open – just online only now
- Credit: Iain Robertson
You can still visit The Secret Garden live – online only instead of actually in the Abbey Theatre auditorium.
The Company of Ten's Christmas production of the children's classic by Frances Hodgson Burnett opens in St Albans tomorrow – Saturday, December 19.
With the whole of Hertfordshire – and therefore St Albans – in Tier 3 from midnight, audiences won't be allowed into the Abbey Theatre as it closes its doors again to the public.
However, the Westminster Lodge, Holywell Hill venue's 'hybrid' performances mean audiences can still watch a stream of the show live online at home.
An Abbey Theatre Instagram post said: "If you had booked to see an in-theatre performance, we will automatically transfer your booking to the live streamed version.
"This will be performed live on the same date and time as your original booking."
If you do not wish to watch the live-stream performance, contact email@example.com to arrange for a refund or credit for future Company of Ten shows.
To buy a live stream ticket go to www.abbeytheatre.org.uk
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 4 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 5 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 8 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 9 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier