The Secret Garden is still open – just online only now
- Credit: Iain Robertson
You can still visit The Secret Garden live – online only instead of actually in the Abbey Theatre auditorium.
The Company of Ten's Christmas production of the children's classic by Frances Hodgson Burnett opens in St Albans tomorrow – Saturday, December 19.
With the whole of Hertfordshire – and therefore St Albans – in Tier 3 from midnight, audiences won't be allowed into the Abbey Theatre as it closes its doors again to the public.
However, the Westminster Lodge, Holywell Hill venue's 'hybrid' performances mean audiences can still watch a stream of the show live online at home.
An Abbey Theatre Instagram post said: "If you had booked to see an in-theatre performance, we will automatically transfer your booking to the live streamed version.
"This will be performed live on the same date and time as your original booking."
If you do not wish to watch the live-stream performance, contact email@example.com to arrange for a refund or credit for future Company of Ten shows.
To buy a live stream ticket go to www.abbeytheatre.org.uk
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area