Secret charity art sale at Harpenden gallery
- Credit: Archant
AN ART exhibition with a difference is taking place at a Harpenden gallery from next Thursday evening, June 20.
The Macmillan Secret Art Sale is raising funds for the cancer support charity while, at the same time, offering visitors the chance to buy a mini-masterpiece for only £45.
The pictures will all be displayed anonymously and are only signed on the back. The artist remains a secret until after the paintings have been bought and the signatures are revealed. Liberally sprinkled amongst the 200-plus pieces on offer will be paintings by some big names from the world of art and also work by sportsmen and celebrities not usually known for their artistic abilities.
For the more serious art collector the exhibition contains work by Members and Fellows of The Royal Society of British Artists, The Royal Institute of Painters in Oils, The New English Art Club, The Bath Society of Artists, The Pastel Society, The Royal Watercolour Society, The Royal Society of Marine Artists, The Wapping Group of Artists, The Royal Miniature Society, The Chelsea Arts Club and the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolours.
All the artworks are just 12cm x 12cm (the size of a CD case) and cover a huge variety of media and subject matter. Every penny goes directly to Macmillan.
You may also want to watch:
The event is being held at the A&K Wilson Gallery in Station Approach, Harpenden, and kicks off with a drinks reception from 6pm to 9pm next Thursday, June 20.
It will continue from Friday, June 21, until Sunday, June 23, and for more information go to www.akwilsongallery.co.uk
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans