American sax great Scott set for club’s first concert at new venue
- Credit: Supplied by Herts Jazz Club
An acclaimed American saxophonist will play Herts Jazz’s first Tuesday night gig in St Albans following the club’s move from Welwyn Garden City.
Herts Jazz’s opening concert at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans on Tuesday, April 3 will feature the Scott Hamilton Quartet.
Tenor saxophonist Scott Hamilton from Rhode Island released his first recording in 1977 when he was just 23.
He surprised critics and fans alike, with the depth and maturity of his playing.
Scott went on to become an international jazz star, at a time when this no longer seemed possible with most jazz instrumentalists.
You may also want to watch:
A Herts Jazz spokesman said: “We’re overjoyed to have Scott opening our new venue, the first of many appearances we hope.”
Joining Scott Hamilton will be John Pearce on piano, Dave Green on bass and Steve Brown on drums.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
Advance tickets cost £12 members, £15 concessions and £16 full.
Walk-ups are £14 members, £17 concessions and £18 full.
Future guests include the award-winning Simon Spillet, Stan Tracey Legacy Octet, and BBC Radio 3 broadcaster and OBE, Claire Martin and singer and pianist Liane Carroll.
Book online at www.hertsjazz.co.uk/gigs.html
Tickets for Herts Jazz are also available from www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo
Alternatively email email@example.com or call the box office on 0333 666 3366
• For more information about Herts Jazz Club, see www.hertsjazz.co.uk