Scott Hamilton Quartet to perform at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
The Scott Hamilton Quartet welcome the new year when they appear at Herts Jazz Club next Sunday, January 8.
Tenor Scott has played with trumpeter Roy Eldridge and saxophonist Illinois Jacquet and is regarded as one of the great modern swing artists.
A native of Providence, Rhode Island, where he was born in 1954, Scott has followed in the footsteps of greats such as Ben Webster and Don Byas.
The quartet also comprises John Pearce, piano, Dave Green, bass, and Steve Brown, drums.
The gig at the Hawthorne Theatre in Welwyn Garden City starts at 7.30pm and tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/gigs.html
are £3 students/£11 members/£14 concessions/£15 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£13 members/£16 concessions/£17 full.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 10 MP condemns government over BBC threat