Scott Hamilton Quartet to perform at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
The Scott Hamilton Quartet welcome the new year when they appear at Herts Jazz Club next Sunday, January 8.
Tenor Scott has played with trumpeter Roy Eldridge and saxophonist Illinois Jacquet and is regarded as one of the great modern swing artists.
A native of Providence, Rhode Island, where he was born in 1954, Scott has followed in the footsteps of greats such as Ben Webster and Don Byas.
The quartet also comprises John Pearce, piano, Dave Green, bass, and Steve Brown, drums.
The gig at the Hawthorne Theatre in Welwyn Garden City starts at 7.30pm and tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/gigs.html
You may also want to watch:
are £3 students/£11 members/£14 concessions/£15 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£13 members/£16 concessions/£17 full.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25