School choir joining St Albans Choral Society for Christmas concert
SCHOOLCHILDREN will join St Albans Choral Society on Sunday for a Christmas concert of music, carols and readings.
It is being held at Marlborough Road Methodist Church at 7pm and will feature the Cunningham Hill Junior School choir under the direction of music teacher Sarah Kropman singing a group of pieces including Silent Night and The Bells of Christmas.
Now over 100-strong, St Albans Choral Society will perform This Endris Night, a carol sequence for mixed voices and organ by its multi-talented accompanist Richard Harvey.
His composition, premiered by the choir in 2009, includes familiar Christmas tunes and carols, all with a modern twist. The choir will also sing the hugely popular a cappella motet O Magnum Mysterium by Morten Lauridsen, an American composer of Scandinavian descent.
To complete the festive spirit, George Vass, the society’s music director, will invite the audience to join the choir in singing some of the best-loved carols and there will be a variety of seasonal readings.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets at �13 (�1 children) are available from SACS Ticket Line 07884 231958 or online at allaboutstalbans.com
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans