School choir joining St Albans Choral Society for Christmas concert
SCHOOLCHILDREN will join St Albans Choral Society on Sunday for a Christmas concert of music, carols and readings.
It is being held at Marlborough Road Methodist Church at 7pm and will feature the Cunningham Hill Junior School choir under the direction of music teacher Sarah Kropman singing a group of pieces including Silent Night and The Bells of Christmas.
Now over 100-strong, St Albans Choral Society will perform This Endris Night, a carol sequence for mixed voices and organ by its multi-talented accompanist Richard Harvey.
His composition, premiered by the choir in 2009, includes familiar Christmas tunes and carols, all with a modern twist. The choir will also sing the hugely popular a cappella motet O Magnum Mysterium by Morten Lauridsen, an American composer of Scandinavian descent.
To complete the festive spirit, George Vass, the society’s music director, will invite the audience to join the choir in singing some of the best-loved carols and there will be a variety of seasonal readings.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets at �13 (�1 children) are available from SACS Ticket Line 07884 231958 or online at allaboutstalbans.com
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden