Scholarly recital at Marlborough Road Methodist Church, St Albans
PARKER Ramsay, the present Organ Scholar at St Albans Abbey, is putting on the next recital organised by the New School of Organ Studies. It is being held at 12.30pm next Tuesday, December1, at Marlborough Road Methodist Church. Eighteen-year-old Parker i
PARKER Ramsay, the present Organ Scholar at St Albans Abbey, is putting on the next recital organised by the New School of Organ Studies.
It is being held at 12.30pm next Tuesday, December1, at Marlborough Road Methodist Church.
Eighteen-year-old Parker is originally from Nashville, Tennessee, and is spending his gap year in St Albans before taking up the organ scholarship at King's College, Cambridge, next autumn.
Parker arrived in England in September 2007 to join the sixth form at the King's School in Ely and take up an organ scholarship jointly sponsored by the King's School and Ely Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
Until he went to King's, Parker had been schooled at home and his father would drive him 30 miles to practice. His mother is a professional harpist and Parker began to study the instrument at 11 followed a year later by the organ.
He has been awarded many prizes for both instruments and gained his Associate of the Royal College of Organists earlier this year, gaining the prize for the highest aggregate marks in the whole examination.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Parker has also been composing since the age of 10 and his composition for flute, clarinet, bassoon and piano won him the title Cambridge Young Composer of the Year 2008.
Admission to the recital is free with a retiring collection in aid of the New School of Organ Studies and the Marlborough Road Church. Further details can be obtained on 01727 865979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org