Samuel Liegeon next up for St Albans International Organ Festival
COMPETITION winner Samuel Liegeon will be giving the latest concert in the series by the International Organ Festival Society in St Albans next Saturday, October 15.
Samuel won first prize in the Haarlem International Improvisation Competition in 2010 and was a finalist in St Albans in the improvisation competition this year.
Organist of the Church of Champs Elysees in Paris, he is studying for a double Master’s in composition and improvisation in the French capital.
His programme will include music by J S Bach, Handel, Mozart, Schumann, J Alain and Scheidt as well as his own improvisations.
Entry to the concert at 5.30pm in St Saviour’s Church in Sandpit Lane is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society. Afterwards there will be an opportunity to meet Samuel.
You may also want to watch:
Further details of concerts in the 2011-12 series can be found at organfestival.com
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans