Samuel Liegeon next up for St Albans International Organ Festival
COMPETITION winner Samuel Liegeon will be giving the latest concert in the series by the International Organ Festival Society in St Albans next Saturday, October 15.
Samuel won first prize in the Haarlem International Improvisation Competition in 2010 and was a finalist in St Albans in the improvisation competition this year.
Organist of the Church of Champs Elysees in Paris, he is studying for a double Master’s in composition and improvisation in the French capital.
His programme will include music by J S Bach, Handel, Mozart, Schumann, J Alain and Scheidt as well as his own improvisations.
Entry to the concert at 5.30pm in St Saviour’s Church in Sandpit Lane is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society. Afterwards there will be an opportunity to meet Samuel.
You may also want to watch:
Further details of concerts in the 2011-12 series can be found at organfestival.com
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans