Tosca brings love, politics and murder to St Albans stage
- Credit: Archant
One of Giacomo Puccini’s most famous operas will be performed on stage in St Albans next week.
The Russian State Opera presents Tosca live at The Alban Arena on Wednesday, September 20 at 7.30pm.
Tosca is a dramatic masterpiece where love and politics collide, and murder takes place at the highest level.
Featuring an impressive cast and accompanied by a large orchestra with over 30 musicians, this classic and iconic opera is set in Rome at the time of Napoleon’s advance on the city.
In what was a very unsettling time for Italy, due to much political turmoil, the production follows the beautiful singer Tosca in a tale that weaves together love, betrayal and melodrama.
You may also want to watch:
If you’ve never seen opera before, you will love this full orchestra experience with fantastic colourful costumes, exquisite singing and wonderful tunes that the audience will still be humming on their way home, making this a must-see opera production for everyone.
Tosca is sung in Italian with English surtitles.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Tickets cost £31, concessions £2 off.
• To buy tickets, call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk