Tosca brings love, politics and murder to St Albans stage
- Credit: Archant
One of Giacomo Puccini’s most famous operas will be performed on stage in St Albans next week.
The Russian State Opera presents Tosca live at The Alban Arena on Wednesday, September 20 at 7.30pm.
Tosca is a dramatic masterpiece where love and politics collide, and murder takes place at the highest level.
Featuring an impressive cast and accompanied by a large orchestra with over 30 musicians, this classic and iconic opera is set in Rome at the time of Napoleon’s advance on the city.
In what was a very unsettling time for Italy, due to much political turmoil, the production follows the beautiful singer Tosca in a tale that weaves together love, betrayal and melodrama.
If you’ve never seen opera before, you will love this full orchestra experience with fantastic colourful costumes, exquisite singing and wonderful tunes that the audience will still be humming on their way home, making this a must-see opera production for everyone.
Tosca is sung in Italian with English surtitles.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 9 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Tickets cost £31, concessions £2 off.
• To buy tickets, call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk