Tosca brings love, politics and murder to St Albans stage
- Credit: Archant
One of Giacomo Puccini’s most famous operas will be performed on stage in St Albans next week.
The Russian State Opera presents Tosca live at The Alban Arena on Wednesday, September 20 at 7.30pm.
Tosca is a dramatic masterpiece where love and politics collide, and murder takes place at the highest level.
Featuring an impressive cast and accompanied by a large orchestra with over 30 musicians, this classic and iconic opera is set in Rome at the time of Napoleon’s advance on the city.
In what was a very unsettling time for Italy, due to much political turmoil, the production follows the beautiful singer Tosca in a tale that weaves together love, betrayal and melodrama.
You may also want to watch:
If you’ve never seen opera before, you will love this full orchestra experience with fantastic colourful costumes, exquisite singing and wonderful tunes that the audience will still be humming on their way home, making this a must-see opera production for everyone.
Tosca is sung in Italian with English surtitles.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
Tickets cost £31, concessions £2 off.
• To buy tickets, call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk