Runaway Boys are Zipping it up at The Horn, St Albans
ROCK’n’roll band The Runaway Boys are escaping into a new name from Saturday night – The Zipheads.
The band have been playing around Herts and London over the past four years and at The Horn in Victoria Street, St Albans, on Saturday, they will produce their new sound and new name.
Previously they were a 50s/60s covers band but recently the St Albans-based trio have turned their talents to writing and performing their own original songs.
Their new sound is influenced by a variety of different genres from country to reggae, swing to punk and all held together by the rockabilly drive and visual acrobatics of the covers shows.
Support comes from new local band Giants and plate spinning, ukulele/accordion man Jack Lattimer.
You may also want to watch:
The evening kicks off at 8pm and admission is �5 on the door/�4 with a flyer.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 9 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines