Ruddigore for Radlett Light Opera Society
GILBERT and Sullivan’s humorous take on Victorian melodrama, Ruddigore, is being performed by Radlett Light Opera Society from next Tuesday, May 10.
Part social satire, part horror story, its appeal lies in its ability to move the audience as well as its potential to make them laugh.
When good, mild-mannered Robin Oakapple is revealed to be the bad baronet of Ruddigore, he finds he is bound by an old curse to commit a crime a day – or die in agony.
To add insult to injury, his own foster brother steals his sweetheart, the virtuous Rose Maybud, and when Robin believes things can’t get any worse, he meets his portrait gallery of ancestors who are very keen that he should live up to the family reputation.
A number of top local musical performers feature in the production from Radlett Light Opera Society which has won four NODA – National Operatic and Dramatic Association - awards in the last three years.
Ruddigore runs at the Radlett Centre until next Saturday, May 14, with performances at 7.45pm and a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
Tickets are �12-�14 with concessions for senior citizens and students at �10 available for Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and the Saturday matinee. The latter performance also has concessions for children under 16 at �5.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 5 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 6 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 7 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 8 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 9 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 10 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
They can be obtained from the Radlett Centre box office on 01923 859291 or online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk