Roundwood Park School’s third annual house music competition sees Cadbury House take gold
- Credit: Archant
A packed Alban Arena watched Cadbury House take the biscuit in a Harpenden school’s third annual house music competition.
Held at the Arena for the first time, students from all the houses at Roundwood Park School performed in front of an 800-plus audience.
Headteacher Alan Henshall said: “Seeing the year groups work and thrive together was a very proud moment for all of us who took part and a great source of pleasure for the parents and grandparents watching.
“The atmosphere was wonderful and the fact that it was planned, run and hosted by our students simply added to the enjoyment.”
The winner of the performance piece was Cadbury House’s Sixth Form band, performing a Jersey Boys medley, featuring head girl Ruby Plumb as lead vocalist.
The best conductor prize went to Laura Duncombe of Grey-Thompson House and the winning choir was Wilberforce House who performed I’m a Believer under the leadership of its house captains, Arthur Diesbecq and Lucy Elledge.
The biggest laugh of the night came from the Owens House rap in its choir performance and making their House Music debut was the staff choir, and the SLG choir, who tried in vain to tackle a challenging High School Musical medley…
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 5 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 6 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
- 7 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 8 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 9 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 10 Family favourite event returns to Harpenden park
Becky Emmins and Alice Bateman hosted the evening in which Cadbury House won the coveted overall trophy.
Tweets and pictures from the event can be seen by searching the hashtag #RPSHouseMusic on Twitter and pictures can be found on the school’s Facebook page.