Roundwood Park School’s third annual house music competition sees Cadbury House take gold
- Credit: Archant
A packed Alban Arena watched Cadbury House take the biscuit in a Harpenden school’s third annual house music competition.
Held at the Arena for the first time, students from all the houses at Roundwood Park School performed in front of an 800-plus audience.
Headteacher Alan Henshall said: “Seeing the year groups work and thrive together was a very proud moment for all of us who took part and a great source of pleasure for the parents and grandparents watching.
“The atmosphere was wonderful and the fact that it was planned, run and hosted by our students simply added to the enjoyment.”
The winner of the performance piece was Cadbury House’s Sixth Form band, performing a Jersey Boys medley, featuring head girl Ruby Plumb as lead vocalist.
The best conductor prize went to Laura Duncombe of Grey-Thompson House and the winning choir was Wilberforce House who performed I’m a Believer under the leadership of its house captains, Arthur Diesbecq and Lucy Elledge.
The biggest laugh of the night came from the Owens House rap in its choir performance and making their House Music debut was the staff choir, and the SLG choir, who tried in vain to tackle a challenging High School Musical medley…
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 8 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 9 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Becky Emmins and Alice Bateman hosted the evening in which Cadbury House won the coveted overall trophy.
Tweets and pictures from the event can be seen by searching the hashtag #RPSHouseMusic on Twitter and pictures can be found on the school’s Facebook page.