Roll over Beethoven with presenter John
- Credit: Archant
Newscaster and presenter John Suchet will be giving a talk on Beethoven accompanied by music at Radlett Music Club next Wednesday, October 21.
John, currently presenter of the morning show on Classic FM, will be talking on Beethoven - the man revealed with appropriate music from the Purcell School from 8pm at the Radlett Centre.
John, who began his career as a journalist at Reuters and from 1972 to 2004 was a newsreader for ITV News, has anchored or contributed to countless special event programmes including royal occasions, the budget and ITN’s election coverage.
He joined Classic FM in July 2010, taking over presentation of the weekday morning show from the previous host Simon Bates the following year.
He is a fan of Ludwig van Beethoven and has become one of the UK’s leading experts on the composer and his works, publishing five books on the subject.
You may also want to watch:
Non-members are welcome at the concert and admission charges are £14 with tickets available from the Radlett Centre box office on 01923 859291 or online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure