Rock Choir and movie season at Alban Arena
THREE performances by Rock Choir are set to raise the roof at the Alban Arena next week.
The Watford and St Albans Choir is performing at 7.30pm on Sunday (17) followed at 8pm both evenings by the Amersham Choir on Monday (18) and the St Albans Choir on Tuesday (19).
Now signed to Universal and celebrating a four-album record deal, Rock Choir is a unique community act made up of singers of all ages and experience. With no audition and no requirement to read music, individuals from all walks of life sign up.
Rock Choir has appeared on the BBC and in various national publications and tickets to see any of the concerts at the Arena are �15 and �12 with under-16s and over-60s �10, available from the box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk.
The remainder of the week at the Arena is given over to film starting with the comedy Killing Bono at 7.30pm next Wednesday and Thursday evening, July 20 and 21, and with a matinee at 1.30pm on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
The film, directed by Nick Hamm, loosely recreates the story of young Irish rocker McCormick and his younger brother Ivan who attempt to become rock stars but can only look on as their secondary school friends form U2 and become the biggest band in Ireland.
The film stars Ben Barnes, Robert Sheehan and Martin McCann as Bono with the late Pete Postlethwaite in his final film role.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
Water for Elephants, starring Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon, is being shown at 7.30pm next Friday, July 22. When recently orphaned and adrift Jacob Jankowski jumps on to a passing train, he enters a world of freaks, drifters and misfits, a second-rate circus struggling to survive during the Great Depression.
He is put in charge of caring for the circus menagerie which is where he meets Marlena, the young star of the equestrian act, and Rosie, a seemingly untrainable elephant whom he manages to teach.
Kung Fu Panda, aimed at the younger audience, is being shown at 11am next Saturday, July 23. Po (Jack Black) is living his dream as the Dragon Warrior, protecting the Valley of Peace alongside his friends and fellow kung fu masters, The Furious Five.
But Po’s new life is threatened by the emergence of a formidable villain who plans to use a secret weapon to conquer China and destroy kung fu.
Tickets for evening showings are �6 with concessions �2 off and for matinees and morning showings �4.