Rising Scottish band Catholic Action coming to The Horn in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A hotly-tipped Scottish band will drop by St Albans as part of their UK tour.
Glasgow’s Catholic Action will headline at The Horn on Thursday, February 16.
Having gained support from the likes of DJs Annie Mac and Huw Stephens, the four-piece returned last month with their first new track of 2017, Doing Well.
The band also announce their signing to new independent label Modernsky, who will release their debut album later in the year.
Doing Well was recorded and produced by Catholic Action singer/guitarist Chris McCrory and mixed by Tom Longworth.
You may also want to watch:
The rising Scottish upstarts have also received incredible support at BBC Introducing, who will be hosting the band at their showcase at this year’s SXSW.
Fronted by Chris McCrory, already a leading light in Glasgow’s fervent music scene, Catholic Action have impressed tastemakers and audiences alike with their patented brand of post-punk and glam influenced pop.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
The concert is recommended if you are a fan of bands such as Franz Ferdinand, Teenage Fanclub and XTC.
Tickets for the art-punk band’s gig at The Horn in Victoria Street cost £5 in advance and £7 on the door.
Visit www.thehorn.co.uk to book tickets online.
• For further information about the band, visit www.facebook.com/catholicactionband or follow them on Twitter