Ricky Tomlinson starring in St Albans student’s graduation film
- Credit: Archant
Film student at the University of York, Ellie Utting, is co-writing and directing a graduation film with Ricky Tomlinson of The Royle Family as guest star.
The former student of St Albans Girls and Sandringham Schools is in her last year at the university and next month, with the help of final-year film and television production students, she will be filming new supernatural comedy Psyched at the award-winning Department of Theatre, Film and Television.
Set in York, Psyched is a new 20 minute short film about a down-on-his-luck psychic called Clive. After a disastrous performance, he has his psychic license revoked by the Ghosts’ Union, and has to learn what it means to be dead before he can talk to them on stage again.
Ricky Tomlinson guests as Brian, the Ghosts’ Union president, and the team will be travelling to his comedy club in Liverpool to film his scene.
The film’s producer Matthew Stallworthy knew where Ricky lived, thanks to a paper round he did in Liverpool when he was 13. He said: “I delivered the script in a kind of vain hope, and was absolutely ecstatic to get a reply.
You may also want to watch:
Ellie added: “It’s wonderful news, we’re so excited to be able to work with Mr Tomlinson! We couldn’t have found anyone better for the part.”
The students will be using industry standard camera, sound and lighting equipment but are also looking for extra funding to hire out specialist equipment and locations that will be needed. To learn more about the film and what support is required, visit http://www.psychedfilm.co.uk/
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure