Revolution on its way to St Albans Town Hall
TEA time at the Town Hall on a Sunday in St Albans could prove to be the perfect time to listen to a string quartet. The Revolutionary Drawing Room String Quartet will perform on Sunday at 4pm in the first of a series of tea-time concerts sponsored by Woo
TEA time at the Town Hall on a Sunday in St Albans could prove to be the perfect time to listen to a string quartet.
The Revolutionary Drawing Room String Quartet will perform on Sunday at 4pm in the first of a series of tea-time concerts sponsored by Woodmansterne.
The recently-restored Assembly Room will host the period instrument ensemble performing Haydn and Mendelssohn string quartets.
This year is the 200th anniversary of both Hadyn's death and Mendelssohn's birth. The music reflects the social and political upheaval of their time.
You may also want to watch:
The performance marks Adrian Butterfield's return to concert-playing since a broken arm in March forced him to hang up his fiddle.
Tickets priced �10 each are available from Tourist Information 01727 864511 and on the door.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans