‘Revolting’ children ace short Matilda
- Credit: Archant
Matilda the Musical proved that children taking part in summer drama workshops were far from revolting.
Act Now! Performing Arts’ 17th annual summer drama workshops attracted over 60 local children this year and culminated in a short version of Matilda the Musical.
Principal, Sue Russell-Curtis, said: “All children love Matilda and most have been to the West End to see it but as it is still running in the West End, licences to perform the full show are unavailable.
“So we were delighted when Tim Minchin, through licensing agents Casarotto Ramsay & Associates, made a short version available to schools.”
Matilda the Musical in 20 Minutes was performed at Trestle Arts Base in St Albans, where, despite its length, five of the songs from the show including the children’s favourite Revolting Children were performed.
Sue added: “After the show we tweeted Tim Minchin to tell him what a great time we had and to thank him for making this version available.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan