‘Revolting’ children ace short Matilda
- Credit: Archant
Matilda the Musical proved that children taking part in summer drama workshops were far from revolting.
Act Now! Performing Arts’ 17th annual summer drama workshops attracted over 60 local children this year and culminated in a short version of Matilda the Musical.
Principal, Sue Russell-Curtis, said: “All children love Matilda and most have been to the West End to see it but as it is still running in the West End, licences to perform the full show are unavailable.
“So we were delighted when Tim Minchin, through licensing agents Casarotto Ramsay & Associates, made a short version available to schools.”
Matilda the Musical in 20 Minutes was performed at Trestle Arts Base in St Albans, where, despite its length, five of the songs from the show including the children’s favourite Revolting Children were performed.
You may also want to watch:
Sue added: “After the show we tweeted Tim Minchin to tell him what a great time we had and to thank him for making this version available.”
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works