‘Revolting’ children ace short Matilda
- Credit: Archant
Matilda the Musical proved that children taking part in summer drama workshops were far from revolting.
Act Now! Performing Arts’ 17th annual summer drama workshops attracted over 60 local children this year and culminated in a short version of Matilda the Musical.
Principal, Sue Russell-Curtis, said: “All children love Matilda and most have been to the West End to see it but as it is still running in the West End, licences to perform the full show are unavailable.
“So we were delighted when Tim Minchin, through licensing agents Casarotto Ramsay & Associates, made a short version available to schools.”
Matilda the Musical in 20 Minutes was performed at Trestle Arts Base in St Albans, where, despite its length, five of the songs from the show including the children’s favourite Revolting Children were performed.
You may also want to watch:
Sue added: “After the show we tweeted Tim Minchin to tell him what a great time we had and to thank him for making this version available.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden