Reunion for rising stars
TEN years of teaching young people drama, song and movement is being celebrated by local group Rising Stars this year. Directors Fenella Patterson and Anna Baker, who set up Rising Stars in 1998 to help youngsters grow in confidence and self-esteem, plan
TEN years of teaching young people drama, song and movement is being celebrated by local group Rising Stars this year.
Directors Fenella Patterson and Anna Baker, who set up Rising Stars in 1998 to help youngsters grow in confidence and self-esteem, plan to mark the occasion by holding a reunion for past and present members.
They are asking anyone who used to attend Rising Stars and would like to know more about the reunion to contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
Rising Stars is aimed at young people aged between five and 14 and sessions are held weekly at Fleetville Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Fenella said: "The success of Rising Stars comes from the fact that both myself and Anna always run each session giving excellent stability and continuity to the children.
"It's amazing to think that there are adults in their early twenties who used to come to our sessions - we'd love to know what they are all doing now."
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
The hourly sessions are held on Saturday morning and Rising Stars are now making workshops available to take into schools. Further information can be found at www.risingstarsdrama.co.uk